Wednesday, September 28, 2011

michigan fall-highlighted: atwood park.











I did not grow up in a small town. I did not grow up in the Midwest. I did not witness trees changing colors, cider & donuts or football games outside until college. I grew up in Goodyear, AZ and had an incredible upbringing. Now I find myself raising my own family in the small Michigan hometown my husband and many past generations of both of our families grew up in. Some things are a negative tradeoff (e.g. lack of shopping/eating choices and having my parents and sister so far away) but some things are an incredible positive tradeoff (e.g. this incredible thing they call "Fall" and experiencing small town America with my kids).
As I think is apparent from my blog, I try to find appreciation in all the little things in my life. This cute little park, Atwood Park, is just a block from my house and a great view from my front yard. Live music permeates the air on cool summer nights and the beauty of fall is highlighted among store fronts on State Street. The lighting and colors were perfect one night this week and my family and I strolled down for a photo shoot. These pictures are the result.

No comments:

Post a Comment