Tuesday, October 4, 2011

to great grandma's house we go.







This past weekend my kids, my mother-in-law, my little sister-in-law and myself made the 2 1/2 hour drive to Northern parts of Michigan to visit my husband's grandma (did you get all that?). It was a great weekend full of shopping, retracing family roots in small town America, eating, visiting and sifting through buried treasures in great grandma's basement. What a treat! My husband stayed at home to hunt while the kids and I rode along and I am so happy we did.
Pictured are a few beautiful items that Great Grandma Roma sent us home with. I especially love the large dressing mirror, old Avon bottles, tea tablecloth and old purses. She even had a Fenton shoe to add to my collection ( I should blog just about that collection one day). It was wonderful! We had a great time and my favorite thing was hearing all the old stories that accompanied where we went, what we did and what we found downstairs. Thanks to my mother-in-law and her mother for sharing so much with me...what a great memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment