Wednesday, October 12, 2011

free house number makeover.

before:
during:
after:





Our front steps have a house number and entry lights that are brass accents. As a general rule nicked up, brass fixtures are not my style and this house has already had quite a few fixture updates (with more to come). I figured it would cost about $150 to redo the lights and house number....then I had a better idea. I remade the house number with things I had around the house and I am so happy with the FREE makeover. I had my husband cut a piece of wood we had on hand, painted it greige, added a sharp black border to make it pop and painted the brass numbers black as well. After I finished everything I put the number back where it was originally on the front of the house and it was such a difference for $0. Now I have to tackle the light fixtures. I may try to paint those or I may have to spring for new fixtures...either way, I am proud of the way the numbers turned out so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment