Tuesday, September 6, 2011

kitchen makeover reveal.


BEFORE:
AFTER:










As you can see from the before, our previous kitchen was very dark compared to the rest of our light, bright home. The kitchen is on the back of our house and felt like you stepped in a cave after walking through the front of the house with all of the white crown molding and natural light seeping in through our beautiful windows. As I previously blogged, I do love a white kitchen and knew when we purchased our home that I would rather have a white kitchen. After about a month of work I am ready to share the gist of it. I am never finished with anything (I like to change things up for a fresh feel), but you will get the idea.
I love the big, open and airy feel of my new white kitchen. I like the grey/blue as an accent color and it transitions much better with the rest of our home. I have tried to balance a clean modern black and white style with the light blue and antique/shabby chic pieces. I think too much of one or the other is not my style and much prefer a little bit of both. Some of the artwork I have put up was purchased at the antique store or a hand-me-down from my mother-in-law's grandma's house while other pieces are brand new from downtown hipster boutiques. I like the result of the unexpected combinations and I am happy with this inexpensive, DIY redo.

2 comments:

  1. Katelyn!!!! Hey there!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE the new kitchen!! So excited you have a blog too :) Can't wait to read more about you guys!!! Hope all is well! Your kiddos are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jenny! I am so happy to see you are doing well and your new baby girl is healthy...Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete