Thursday, September 8, 2011

custom kitchen valances for a steal.


THE PROCESS:




Clearly I am a DIY-er. When I saw two beautiful, full paneled, luxury brand, new from the store, window coverings at Goodwill in a steel paisley, I couldn't resist. The fabric is beautiful, thick and best of all the pieces came fully lined (my least favorite part of curtain making) for only $7.99/set. I scored yards of this beautiful fabric and I made the valance for my kitchen window, a skirt to cover unsightly internet cords in the breakfast nook and have plenty leftover for my half-bath makeover valances. I love the fabric but never would have splurged at the full price of these beauties. Best of all-by chopping them up I was able to make customized pieces for my home. Also-I must give credit to my mini-me helper who is pictured above(she is the one whose feet do not touch the ground).

FINISHED PRODUCTS:

No comments:

Post a Comment