Saturday, September 17, 2011

stay at home mom.




Last night, my grandma and I were able to go see "The Help" at our local theater (such a treat). Much of this movie revolves around how much help the maids provided the mothers of the Civil Rights era. Seeing the bond these mother's children shared with the help really brought out some of my personal feelings about being able to stay at home with my children full-time (Warning!!!-about to get mushy).

My blog is titled "Mrs. Livin the Dream" because that is exactly how I perceive my life today. I have a luxury that many woman of today do not. I am able to stay home with my children and raise them, love them and make memories everyday. I do not have to pick them up from somebody else at the end of my workday and learn about their days. I am not faulting moms who do because I realize many do not have a choice. I just do my best everyday to be grateful for my opportunity to share in my children's daily life and be present for it all. Somedays I feel overwhelmed or like nothing is getting "done" around the house, somedays I wish I had more money I could spend but EVERYDAY I make a point to thank God, my husband and my children for this opportunity I have been afforded to be with my children everyday. I am home, teaching them, playing with them, caring for them, decorating our home, becoming a better cook and homemaker. I realize how important my gig is and I am proud to be here. Before I go too far I should just wrap it up by saying I love everything about what I am doing as a stay-at-home-mom, I am grateful and I truly am "livin' MY dream."

No comments:

Post a Comment