Tuesday, May 31, 2011

fulton family cottage.





In 2004, I remember rushing up to Caseville, MI because my boyfriend's family had just purchased a cottage on Sand Pointe. It was an exhilarating night when we first arrived and fun to go as a group and pick out a boat that we would park at the newly purchased dock. It was also fun to hang porch swings from trees, walk the new neighborhood and cruise the sunsets by boat. I do not know if all of us realized the memories that we would find there and how big a part of the family this place would become.
This little cottage has come to mean more and more to our family as we have grown. It became more important as my newborn son put his toes in the freshly poured cement that would also serve as the "stage" where he was baptized. On that same patio, I would marry that "boyfriend" one stormy Michigan, August evening in front of all our friends and family. As I watched my soon-to-be husband cruise up to that dock while Top Gun's "Highway to the Danger Zone" blared from the boat stereo, I knew this place would be more than a cottage to our family. I try to never take this place and this retreat for granted. That Sand Point cottage has already made so many memories for our growing family. As we introduce it to spouses, friends and grandbabies we understand all it has already done for us and can only imagine all the memories that are still to come.




1 comment:

  1. This brought tears to my eyes!

    P.S. I created a Google account just so I could be one of your "followers." =)

    ReplyDelete