Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Everything has a story.





These are a few items I have collected from the local Goodwill store, yard sales or found as buried treasures behind my grandparent's farm over the last couple of weeks. The silver spoon has the best story--my husband literally dug this up behind my grandparent's barn (also unearthing beautiful antique blue glass in the process)...so cool. The orange/red bowl is a vintage jewel I have repurposed on our desk for my husband's wallet and key storage. The artwork I have hanging in the hallway between my kid's room. The teacups and saucers are a mismatched set I am displaying on our vintage drysink in the dining room. The salt and pepper shakers were adorable Goodwill finds and I can almost see the faces of the little old couple who had them for years before us.

1 comment:

  1. That' what I love about vintage things. You start wondering about the history.. who was the person who owned it beforehand, etc... I love handmade clothing as well. It's like a person actually sat there, day after day, sewing, putting their love and care into it.. It's fascinating! I wish there were vintage shops in my crappy suburban neighborhood!

    xox
    Shelly
    www.m-o-dbox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete