Friday, April 22, 2011

Emilia's Bedroom.











My little girl is 14 months and has the Biggest personality! I love her bedroom...it is constantly evolving and being updated. My inspiration in her room is shabby chic/little girl and Anthropologie. I love muted colors all hodge podged with layered prints for her bedroom decor. The decor was inspired by the letters that spell her name (pictured on the shelves above her dresser). My best friends made these for my baby shower and everything was built from those letters and the great valances I found for her windows. Her closet door was a beast and as you can see from the pictures was replaced with a purple, printed, cloth shower curtain that is much more feminine , kid friendly and functional.
My favorite thing is this room is the antique, yellow changing table I found for $10 in Caseville, MI at a yard sale about 3 years ago. I will never repaint it or change the original flower detail. This piece is so charming and when she becomes too big for a changing table I will repurpose the piece for toy storage. In addition, the small pink dresses displayed above the changing table were mine as a baby girl and the pink sign about saying your prayers hung in my bedroom as a kid for years. The pink shaggy rugs are the newest purchase and are made from recycled textile waste...they are soft as cotton candy!

No comments:

Post a Comment