Monday, August 22, 2011

hydrangeas are for lovers.




I think hydrangeas are The most romantic flowers on the planet. I have always loved these fat bundles of sweet, delicate flowers...so much so that I cannot commit to a favorite color. All of the bouquets of flowers on my wedding day included hydrangea and they make me think of that wonderful day still. I knew I wanted a pink cherry blossom tree, a lilac bush, peonies and hydrangeas in my yard. Now that we have a yard, I am checking these must haves off the list. Hydrangeas are not cheap and I am a thrifty woman so I really lucked out with this beauty when a family connection won me this charmer out of the yard of a foreclosed home in town. That is right-the crown jewel of my landscaping is a beautiful, bushy hydrangea that cost me nothing except a phone call and a real labor of love on my husband's part...I am a lucky woman!

2 comments:

  1. I would die to be as creative and artsy as you are! I hope my home looks 1/2 as nice one day! The house itself is beautiful we drove by it a few weeks ago when I was in town.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great compliment, Terran! Please stop in next time...you are always welcome!

    ReplyDelete