Monday, August 8, 2011

antique dishes.






I have been collecting old dishes for awhile and they have found a fitting home in our historic dining room. This old dry sink was a hand-me-down from my in-laws and it looks beautiful displaying my antique linens, dishes and tea cups in our dining room. The pedestal and flower pot on the right side of the dry sink was an heirloom from a family friend and it holds my hodgepodge of antique silverware and serving pieces.
My pieces are a collection of family pieces, Goodwill finds, antique store and flea market treasures. I love the collected look of this area in my home. My personal taste require a balance of the old and new. In my dining room I have a 110 year old metal vented grate sitting right next to my modern hightop dark wood table set. The juxtaposition of the old and new keeps me feeling like my homestyle is unique and memorable. Many more dining room pictures to come...this is a teaser.

No comments:

Post a Comment