Saturday, June 4, 2011

antique headboard makeover.

BEFORE:


My husband and I scored this antique headboard on the side of the road in Caseville, MI for Free! Why any person would reject this beautiful piece of cedar furniture is beyond me, but one man's trash is Katelyn's treasure and we scooped it up in a jiffy. The size of the headboard is somewhere between a twin and a double bed. We currently have a queen with no headboard...not a perfect fit, but we had a plan.
In order to widen the headboard we used the side rails that came with the headboard (intended to hold the mattress, but not needed for that purpose by us). I first sanded everything down and bought this beautiful and light, grey/blue paint color. My husband cut the side rails to fit and screwed them to the antique headboard. After a final coat of paint-tada! A beautiful antique headboard that matches our style, room and bedding for only the cost of the paint:)

AFTER:


No comments:

Post a Comment